Γενική συζήτηση περί Star Trek
tetartos
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 123
ΕγγραφήCOLON 28 Αύγ 2013, 12:28
ΤοποθεσίαCOLON Θεσσαλονίκη

Re: Αναφορές στο Star Trek

Δημοσίευση από tetartos »

#24. NCIS:LA, S05E16
Δεν περίμενα ποτέ να δω αναφορά σε αυτήν τη σειρά!
Μια αστυνομικός περιγράφει ένα δίλημμα στο οποίο βρέθηκε, όταν ερωτεύτηκε το συνεργάτη της και έπρεπε ή να τον παρατήσει ή να παρατήσει τη δουλειά της. Τα λόγια της ήταν:
Short version is
Sophie's choice, Morton's fork.
Και ο Detective Dicks (ξανθός, γυμνασμένος και όμορφος) απαντά:
Kobayashi Maru. A no-win situation.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Spock
Fleet Admiral
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 422
ΕγγραφήCOLON 27 Αύγ 2013, 16:15

Δημοσίευση από Spock »

#25. Breaking Bad
Σεζόν 3, Επεισόδιο 6

Μιλώντας σε κάποιον για την ανάγκη της ύπαρξης σχεδίων για πιθανές αναποδιές, ένας δικηγόρος λέει:
The Starship Enterprise had a self-destruct button. I'm just saying.
"That is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities... of existence." - Q to Picard, All good things...
tetartos
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 123

#26. MusicBrainz Picard
Αυτή κι αν είναι αναφορά!

The MusicBrainz Database is where all of the various pieces of information we collect about music is stored, from artists and their releases to works and their composers, and of course much more.
MusicBrainz Picard is a cross-platform (Linux/Mac OS X/Windows) application written in Python and is the official MusicBrainz tagger.
Picard is named after Captain Jean-Luc Picard from the TV series Star Trek: The Next Generation.
http://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Picard
Άβαταρ μέλους
Spock
Fleet Admiral
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 422

Δημοσίευση από Spock »

#25. Breaking Bad
Σεζόν 5, Επεισόδιο 9

Η δεύτερη (και τελευταία) αναφορά της σειράς στο Star Trek είναι και η μεγαλύτερη σε διάρκεια που έχω δει ποτέ, συμπεριλαμβανομένου ακόμη και του Big Bang Theory! Απίστευτη, προχωρούσε, προχωρούσε και δεν τελείωνε, κράτησε 2,5 ολόκληρα λεπτά! Πρόκειται για τον εξής διάλογο:
[Badger]
I'm not dead. I'm on the starship Enterprise, macking on Yeoman Rand, while the Andorian with the Disrupter's back on Talos Four or whatever.

[Skinny Pete]
What do you think all those sparkles and shit are?

[Badger]
The transporters are breaking you apart, man. Down to your molecules. They're making a copy. That dude who comes out on the other side, he's not you. He's a Color Xerox.

[Skinny Pete]
So you're telling me every time Kirk went into the transport, he was killing himself? So over the whole series, there was, like, 147 Kirks?

[Badger]
At least. Dude, yo, why do you think McCoy never likes to beam nowhere? 'Cause he's a doctor, bitch. Look it up.It's science. I ever tell you about my Star Trek script?

[Skinny Pete]
Star Trek script?

[Badger]
Yeah. I gotta write it down is all. The Enterprise is five parsecs out of Rigel 12. Nothing's going on, Neutral Zone is quiet, the crew is bored, so they put on a pie-eating contest. The whole crew's in the galley. They're eating tulaberry pies--

[Skinny Pete]
Tulaberry?

[Badger]
Tulaberries. From Gamma Quadrant, yo.

[Skinny Pete]
That's Voyager, dude.

[Badger]
Okay, blueberries then. They're eating blueberry pies as fast as the replicator can churn them out. Finally, it's down to just three, Kirk, Spock, and Chekov. Okay, Spock always wins these things.

[Skinny Pete]
How is Spock gonna beat Kirk, yo? Spock's like a toothbrush. Look at Kirk. He's got room to spare.

[Badger]
Spock has total vulcan control over his digestion. You wanna hear this or not?

[Skinny Pete]
Yeah, yeah, go.

[Badger]
Okay, finally, Kirk, he can't take it anymore. He yorks. Now it's just down to Chekov and Spock. But Chekov, you see, he's got a whole fat stack of Quatloos riding on this, and he has figured out a way to win. He's got Scotty back in the transporter room, locked in on Chekov's stomach. Every time Chekov eats a pie, Scotty beams it right out of him.

[Skinny Pete]
Where is he sending them? The toilet?

[Badger]
Space. There's blueberries just floating out there, frozen, because it's in space, and Chekov is just shoveling them into his mouth, and Spock's like, "I can't believe this Russian is defeating me." Meanwhile, Scotty's in the transporter room fiddling with levers, when Lieutenant Uhura comes in, and she's got, you know, her big pointies. And Scotty's fingers are all sweaty.

[Skinny Pete]
No.

[Badger]
Chekov screams. He sprays blood out of his mouth. Scotty beamed his guts into space!

[Skinny Pete]
No way!
"That is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities... of existence." - Q to Picard, All good things...
Nova
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 85
ΕγγραφήCOLON 29 Αύγ 2013, 10:29

Δημοσίευση από Nova »

Aπό την season 3 στην 5 σε τέσσερις ημέρες. Φαίνεται το ΒΒ σας άρεσε.
"Got it all wrong, Holy Man.
I absolutely believe in God.
And I absolutely hate the fucker."
-Riddick, Pitch Black
Άβαταρ μέλους
Spock
Fleet Admiral
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 422

Δημοσίευση από Spock »

Φάγαμε κόλλημα!
tetartos
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 123

#27. We learn nothing, βιβλίο του Tim Kreiger, σ.299.
Περιγράφοντας το πώς νιώθει απέναντι στον φίλο του Jim Boylan, που έκανε εγχείριση αλλαγής φύλου και έγινε Jenny Boylan, γράφει για ένα από τα αγαπημένα μας επεισόδια:
But I still found myself groping for some analogy to that condition, something more familiar: was it as if Jim were gay, and coming out of the closet? Like he was confessing to an affair, the kind of hopeless, inappropriate love that tears your life in two? Or was it more like fibromyalgia or lupus, some medical problem I just didn’t know much about? Had Jim Boylan died? Who was Jenny Boylan? The only instructive model I could find anywhere in art or literature was an episode of Star Trek. Maybe my mistake was in trying to find an analogy at all; there simply was no precedent for this in my own experience.
Άβαταρ μέλους
macgiorgosgr
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 36
ΕγγραφήCOLON 27 Αύγ 2013, 18:52
ΤοποθεσίαCOLON Βρυξέλλες

Δημοσίευση από macgiorgosgr »

#28: Πριν λίγο κράσαρε ο Chromium και ορίστε το μήνυμα που εμφανίστηκε:
Συνημμένα
He's dead, Jim.png
Chromium crash, McCoy
(11.21 KiB) Έχει μεταφορτωθεί 0 φορές
I'm serious about my Trek.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Spock
Fleet Admiral
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 422

Δημοσίευση από Spock »

Χαχαχα, πολύ καλό! :D

#29: Στο ίδιο πνεύμα, μόλις θυμήθηκα ότι είχα αποθηκεύσει κάποτε ένα από τα μηνύματα που έβγαζε το terminal μιας παλιάς έκδοσης του Linux Mint όταν το άνοιγες:

ΚώδικαςCOLON Επιλογή όλων

(                                         )
( Scotty, back in orbit, is attacked by a )
( Klingon destroyer and must              )
( warp out of orbit. Although badly       )
( outgunned, he cripples the Klingon      )
( and races back to the planet in order   )
( to rescue Kirk et. al. who have         )
( just saved the natives' from an awful   )
( fate and, as a reward, been             )
( given all light bulbs they can carry.   )
( The new bulb is then inserted           )
( and the Enterprise continues on its     )
( five year mission.                      )
tetartos
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 123

#30: Fractals, Googols, and Other Mathematical Tales της Theoni Pappas
Εδώ έχουμε μια αντίστροφη αναφορά! Μιλώντας για το Moebius strip στις τέχνες, αναφέρει:
The Moebius strip has been used in many stories. Time Squared, an episode of Star Trek, the Next Generation, used the idea of a Moebius strip.
Nova
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 85

Δημοσίευση από Nova »

#31. ...he died with a Felafel in his hand.

Σουρεαλιστική κωμωδία, αυστραλιανο-καναδο-ιταλική παραγωγή του 2000.

Να εξηγήσω και την σκηνή, για να γίνει πλήρως κατανοητή η αναφορά:

Η Anya και η Sammy είναι ζευγάρι που έχει χωρίσει. Η Sammy πηγαίνει και βρίσκει τον κεντρικό ήρωα τον Danny που είναι καλός της φίλος για να μείνει μαζί του σε ένα σπίτι με άλλους 4 (αν θυμάμαι καλά). Λίγες μέρες μετά έρχεται και η Anya και τα ξαναβρίσκουν. Λίγες μέρες αργότερα η Anya την πέφτει στον Danny και η Sammy τους πιάνει να φιλιούνται. Χωρίζει με την Anya, γίνεται έξω φρενών και με τους δύο, ειδικά όμως με τον Danny και ετοιμάζει τα πράγματά της για να φύγει. Η Anya προσπαθεί να εξηγήσει τι έγινε μεταξύ τους (εκείνης και της Sammy), μιλώντας στον Danny παρουσία της Sammy:

Anya: I am Bajoran, she is Cardassian. She bites, I bite too.
Sammy: What?
Anya: It is from Star Trek. Cardassian and Bajoran. They are two life forms that they try to be kind to each other but they can't help their nature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPyYQuXGZts

Στο 01:12:55 αν θέλετε να την δείτε.
-Riddick, Pitch Black
Nova
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 85

Δημοσίευση από Nova »

Και βλέποντας το τελευταίο επεισόδιο στο Game of Thrones, θυμήθηκα πως ο πρωταγωνιστής του ...he died with a felafel in his hands, Noah Taylor, είναι ο Locke του GoT.
-Riddick, Pitch Black
tetartos
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 123

#32. Delta's new in-flight safety video
Μπορείτε να το δείτε εδώ
Είναι όλο πολύ αστείο αλλά στο 4:37 είναι η αναφορά
Spoiler: show
στα tribbles
(Κλεμμένο από ένα ποστ του Chris Litharis στο Facebook)
Άβαταρ μέλους
Spock
Fleet Admiral
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 422

Δημοσίευση από Spock »

Τέλειο!!! :D
tetartos
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 123

33. GNU Mailman example
Το Mailman είναι ένα πρόγραμμα ανοικτού κώδικα που διαχειρίζεται mailing lists.
Στη Wikipedia το screencap παράδειγμα περιγράφει μια mailing list από... τι άλλο;
Εικόνα
Άβαταρ μέλους
Spock
Fleet Admiral
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 422

Δημοσίευση από Spock »

Δεν βάζω τακτικό γιατί πρόκειται για αναφορές που έγιναν σε συζήτηση σε εκπομπή, αλλά σ' αυτό το ποστ για το Cosmos υπάρχει link σε ραδιοφωνική εκπομπή όπου περιέχονται αναφορές στο Star Trek αλλά και άλλα Sci (or rather not! θα ακούσετε τι εννοώ μ' αυτό) - Fi franchises.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Spock
Fleet Admiral
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 422

Δημοσίευση από Spock »

34. Kill Bill, Vol. 1

Στην αρχή-αρχή της ταινίας, πριν καν δείξει το παραμικρό, γράφει σε μαύρη οθόνη:
"Revenge is a dish best served cold."
- Old Klingon proverb -
Αργότερα στην ταινία, η Beatrix, περιγράφοντας την ομάδα της O-Ren, λέει για την ανθυπολοχαγό της:
The pretty lady to O-Ren's right, who's dressed like she's a villain on Star Trek, is O-Ren's lawyer, best friend, and second lieutenant.
Παρεμπιπτόντως, μόνο σαν villain στο Star Trek δεν ήταν ντυμένη, αλλά έστω!
Άβαταρ μέλους
Spock
Fleet Admiral
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 422

Δημοσίευση από Spock »

35. Back to the Future

Ο Martin, ντυμένος με προστατευτική στολή και παραμορφωμένη φωνή λέει στον George:
My name is Darth Vader. I am an extraterrestrial from the planet Vulcan.
Εικόνα

Την επόμενη ημέρα, ο George διηγείται:
Last night, Darth Vader came down from Planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out, that he'd melt my brain.
tetartos
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 123

36. Abtruse Goose
Είναι ένα webcomic "about math, science, and geek culture"
Το διάβασα μονορούφι σήμερα και βρήκα, αναμενόμενο, τουλάχιστον τρεις αναφορές!

http://abstrusegoose.com/21
http://abstrusegoose.com/57
http://abstrusegoose.com/534
Άβαταρ μέλους
macgiorgosgr
ΔημοσιεύσειςCOLON 36
ΕγγραφήCOLON 27 Αύγ 2013, 18:52
ΤοποθεσίαCOLON Βρυξέλλες

Δημοσίευση από macgiorgosgr »

Δεν ξέρω αν ταιριάζει και δεν βάζω αρίθμηση, πάντως αξίζει αναφοράς. Ο William Shatner λοιπόν απευθύνεται στη NASA μέσω twitter, ρωτώντας "πώς τα πάει σήμερα". Και ορίστε η απάντηση της NASA:
https://twitter.com/NASA/status/495719809695621121
I'm serious about my Trek.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY